Increase your patients’ medication adherence and improve their outcomes
Our app has been clinically proven to improve Type 2 diabetes, lower A1c, and reduce long-term medication use.
In a clinical trial among the veteran population, DayaMed’s solution was shown to reduce A1C values in an equivalent fashion to being started on a diabetes medication. It also led to a reduction in the number of diabetes medications per patient and a lower number of patients who had medications added.
Medication mismanagement is responsible for up to 60% of ER admissions
Falls are a major cause of fractures and hospitalizations among the elderly. Our clinical team works to address medication side effects and medication interactions; two of the most common causes of falls.
Some facts about falls:
- Taking more than five medications is associated with a twofold increase in the chance of a fall
- Dizziness and drowsiness are two of the most common medication side effects and also a major cause of falls
- Urinary urgency (rushing to get up to go to the bathroom) and frequency is a major side effect of medications and a major cause of falls
For more information:
Source 1: https://www.cdc.gov/falls/facts.html
Source 2: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/falls
Fixing the leaky bucket of medication adherence
Research has shown that up to half of all long-term medications are not taken as prescribed. The reasons why are complex—economic and social factors, the nature of the condition, the type of therapy, as well as to an individual’s physical and cognitive abilities. The bottom line is that patient medication adherence is a major problem.
Medication non-adherence leads to:
- Poor chronic disease control / increased complications from chronic disease
- Poor control of mental health conditions / increased relapse of disease
- $500 billion in avoidable healthcare costs annually
- 125,000 potentially preventable deaths annually
- Accounts for up to 25% of hospitalizations in the United States
DayaMed helps your patients manage their medications through an easy-to-use application and a dedicated team of clinicians so you can have the support you need in implementing your healthcare plans.
Reduce rehospitalizations through improved medication adherence
Realize a quantifiable increase in your MIPS scores and CAHPS measures from increased performance on CMS’ stated quality metrics
Our solution helps providers and health plans to improve:
- Patient Satisfaction
- Care Coordination
- Provider-to-Provider Communication
- Access to Prescriptions
Our solution increases medication adherence and:
- Reduces A1C Scores
- Reduces falls
- Improves blood pressure scores
- Improves CHF management
- Improves management of mental health conditions