Nature and Scope
The Clinical Service Director (CSD) is a key position in the organization with both clinical and managerial responsibilities. The CSD will assist in developing Medicare compliant policies and procedures, manage a remote workforce, assist in publishing white papers on quality analyses of a novel mobile health application. The successful individual will ensure client expectations are met for clinical outcomes, quality metrics and patient and provider satisfaction. The success of the CSD will be a reflection of the success of the team that he or she manages. This position provides an opportunity to be part of the leadership of a fast-growing digital health startup company designed to impact the health of populations effectively and efficiently. Be part of company destined to transform how chronic care is delivered to large populations!
The company is seeking an experienced nurse practitioner or registered nurse Director who brings clinical expertise in chronic conditions, management experience and a passion for healthcare transformation. The successful candidate is a team player, a compassionate communicator and is passionate about population health, social determinants of health and providing access to care for the underserved. You will review daily medication adherence trends across client groups, monitor data against clinical protocols, and assure the nurse practitioner staff perform at a high level.
The Clinical Services Director will assist in policy development while overseeing a care team of pharmacists, registered nurses and care coordinators. You will be responsible for engaging, educating, and tracking team performance of a remote workforce. Using the DayaMed platform and portal, the CSD will implement medication adherence remote patient monitoring, transitional and chronic care management programs to coordinate care for patients, caregivers and providers. You will assure the care coordination team is professional, practices empathetic engagement and follows up with clinical protocols and expectations, including living by DayaMed values. You will report to the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Develop and support Medication adherence remote patient monitoring (RPM) and CCM programs:
- Assure compliance and appropriate clinical documentation with Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations;
- Provide robust training to the clinical team including: recruitment and onboarding of new staff; use of the application; become a superuser in the CareCloud EMR system.
- Train NPs in workflows, patient identification, eligibility criteria and discharge criteria; practice HIPAA compliant virtual visits, voice calls and text messaging.
- Analyze and evaluate clinical monitoring and the day-to-day workflow of the clinical staff and broader clinical team.
- Record staffs’ performance based on outcomes and feedback; document and discuss staff performance against company values and behaviors annually;
- Create a high-functioning collaborative team and conduct performance reviews based on company values and expectations.
- Assure that patient care is provided in accordance with clinical guidelines and professional standards; i.e., educate and evaluate the clinical team on individual ability to:
- Assess patients’ physical and mental wellness needs, preferences and abilities and develop plans to improve;
- Work with patients, caregivers and health care professionals to put care plans in place;
- Actively listen to patients’ concerns and provide counseling or intervention as required;
- Record patients’ progress, charting referrals and scheduling referrals back to primary care provider as needed;
- Evaluate patients’ progress and periodically make adjustments as needed.
- Seek treatments or referrals that balance clinical and financial concerns with the family’s needs and the patient’s quality of life.
- Demonstrate leadership in managing subordinates.
- Demonstrate capability in resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other professionals.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of clinical care protocols, policies and procedures.
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Foster an environment of continuous iteration and support by:
- Sharing weekly patient stories and improvement areas
- Ensure that program has continuous improvement and momentum.
- Master’s Degree in nursing from an accredited university.
- Active, unrestricted advanced practice registered nurse license in NV
- Minimum of three to five years full time equivalent experience in direct clinical care
- Minimum of two (2) years full time equivalent experience in a supervisory role of clinical staff
- Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial carrier reimbursement policies
- Working knowledge of electronic health record systems
- Ability to analyze and interpret clinical data
- Working knowledge of URAC and case management strategies
- Excellent empathetic, active listening and collaboration skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner or clinical expertise in primary or acute care, medication and chronic care management
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience leading clinical operations in care management
- Healthcare insurance, paid PTO, continuing education